Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Salesmenship !!!

    It's my first job infact as a part of my summer internship. I don't know wheather it is my perception towards insurance agents or selling job. I dislike it strongly.. but I took it as a challenge .
   As the days go on I find it little easy task. It helped me to sharpen my negotiation skills in particular .

     But the most important thing that attracted me was the strategy adopted by IDBI federal manager Mrs.Shanthi . She knew very well how to make sales in insurance industry. As the insurance industry works on NETWORKING . If you have a huge network you will be able to sell more and more . She believes it , I guess. She recruited as many interns as possible for sales and market research. She gave Target to everyone of certain amount with which she was able to make huge sales in less than two months . I was like, "what an idea madam ji "!!
  Generally people sell things to customers by showing some benefits in return but as an insurance salesperson I am making sales apart from showing benifits ,I sell insurance by threatening them about the future ;-)
Interesting right ?
      I was always thinking that I could convince anyone. But, I was wrong. I experienced NOs while approaching few people. Because u can't sell a product unless there is a demand ( basic concept ,I learned).
       I experienced first YES today. I'm so happy about it . There is a long way to go .. I hope , I can experience more Yes in the future . I am learning new things everyday in this salesmenship . I think, Great help it is, for my career  ..:-)

2 comments:

  1. Hey harish,
    Simple n too good. enjoyed reading ur first YES exprnc as well as NO.The way u made ur sales(threatening abt future), made me smile:)
    Few typo were there, never mind dey mit hav crept in when u were too fast in typing :)

    Keep blogging. bcoz...starting is never important but continuation is much important :D #self exprnc

    ReplyDelete